Monday 9 November 2015

How to Make Granola Cereal



Breakfast!

Yep.  Still my fav.



Another wonderful recipe I have made is Granola  Cereal.
Around here we call it "Crunchy cereal".
Jackson LOVES it!
It makes me smile inside when my husband asks what he wants for breakfast.
Most often he shouts out, "Mommy's cereal!"  What he means is the one I make.
*Mommy heart melt*



Not only is this a wonderfully delicious recipe, 
especially if you love cereal as our family does,
but it is a wonderfully easy recipe to make.
Both Maverick and Matilda love helping me in the kitchen to make this one.
They love stirring the oats
and making a little brown sugar "castle".

This is a copy cat recipe for Quaker Harvest Crunch cereal.
I've worked and reworked it until it is perfect!
I've also tried to use lower cost ingredients where possible
so it's easy on the pocket book too.

Granola Cereal

A half cup of oil and a brown sugar castle.
Ingredients
3 cups Quick rolled oats
2 cups Large rolled oats
1 cup Flour (I use oat flour)
1/8 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Oil (I use canola.  
Melted coconut oil works best if you have it on hand.)
1/4 cup Honey
2 tbsp Vanilla
1/3 cup Brown sugar
2/3 cup Sliced almonds
2/3 cup Raisins (optional)

How To
1. Combine all ingredients.


Turn crystallized honey back into liquid honey by "melting" in the microwave.











My granola cereal does not have the optional raisins as my kids will not eat raisins in their cereal.

2.  Spread evenly over two parchment (or silicone) lined baking sheets.


3.  Bake at 350F for 12 minutes.
4.  Let cool.  Break apart.  Store in an airtight container.  Tip: Stir dry cereal to break it apart more evenly.


So good!
You'll make this time and time again.

Taking a place a prominence - on our fireplace mantel!


When I make "Crunchy Cereal"
 I will often also make my homemade granola bars (click here to view).
They use almost the exact same ingredients!
I mix the granola bar recipe in the same bowl
and bake it on the same baking sheet as the cereal.
But not at the same time of course! *Grin*

Until next time...

Happy thoughts,
Andrea


If you would like to receive regular blog updates
be sure to "Like" my Facebook homepage here:


3 comments:

  1. I just made this awesome granola recipe and it tastes super yummy! Thank you!!! I'm so excited for breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's the end of the world now (not really, but it's Covid-19 lockdown) and I needed a Harvest Crunch copy cat recipe! It's in the oven now 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had an out of the blue craving for Quaker Harvest Crunch tonight and thought maybe someone has come up with a healthier version recipe to DIY it! Asked Mr. Google and voila! Thanks so much for taking all the guess work out of it for me😊

    ReplyDelete