Friday 6 November 2015

How to Make Bacon Banana Bread






"Did I just read 'Bacon' in the title?"

Yes.  Yes you did.

I have a goal that includes sneaking bacon
into all my meals.
It's my way of stretching deliciousness to all corners of life
as well as stretching the all-mighty-dollar.
If you've already cooked the bacon (oh the smell!),
and eaten the bacon (oh the tastiness!),
then you have the ingredient needed to make banana bread!


What?
Yes.
The leftover.
The discarded.
The grease!

Save your bacon grease!
So that you too can have wonderfully addictive banana bread!

This recipe freezes extremely well.
So I always double it (or triple it!) and put two (or more!) loaves in the oven.
A loaf in this recipe takes over an hour to bake.
If the oven is going to be on that long
I want to take advantage and bake as much as I can! *wink*


Bacon Banana Bread
Note: Sadly it doesn't taste like bacon. 
But you'll wonder why you ate the whole loaf in one sitting.
Answer: bacon!

Ingredients
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Bananas, mashed (approx. 1 cup)
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking soda
1 cup Whole wheat flour

How To
1. Combine butter and bacon grease in a large bowl.

Bacon grease and butter.
2. Blend in sugar.
3. Beat in eggs and mashed banana.  Mix until smooth.


4. Sift in all purpose flour, salt and soda. (To "sift" I simply mix everything together with a fork) Stir in whole wheat flour.
5. Preheat oven to 325F.  Pour batter into a 9x5 pan (does not need to be greased) and bake for 1hour 10 minutes.  Check loaf for doneness by pressing on the top of the loaf.  If it is not firm, bake for another 10 minutes.

I like to double (or triple!) my loaf recipes and freeze the extra.


Well?!?
Whaddaya think!?

Mmmmm.... 
Right?

Moist. 
Right?

Can't believe it was made from bacon.
Right?

Ate the whole loaf in one sitting.
Right?

Yeah.
Bacon 'll do that.


Happy thoughts,
Andrea



If you would like to receive regular blog updates
be sure to "Like" my Facebook homepage here:



No comments:

Post a Comment