Monday 26 October 2015

How to Make Pancakes from Scratch





Breakfast!

My favorite meal of the day!!

Even when it's not breakfast time
 I love breakfast food.
We have pancakes for supper every other week or so.
It's a quick meal that takes little effort
and is always eaten enthusiastically!
*" You know what I'm talking about" head nod*  


 I find pancakes fantastic for Fall.
Who am I kidding?  They're fantastic ALL the time!!
The recipe is so simple you'll be making them all the time too.
Adding apples or pumpkin puree to the pancake batter
 is a simple and easy way to add fall flavor to this recipe.



Pancakes  From Scratch -  makes 15 pancakes at 4" diameter
(We are very close to needing to double this recipe for my young family of 5)

Ingredients
3 tbsp Oil (I use canola)
1 Egg

3/4 cup Milk
3/4 cup Water
1 tsp Vanilla

1 1/2 cup Flour
3/4 tsp Salt
2 1/2 tsp Baking powder

1/2 cup Fruit, peeled and pureed or chopped (optional)
We love adding apples and a dash of cinnamon to this recipe.  But really any fruit will work. Feel free to experiment!  And let me know how it turns out. *smile* 
Note: Berry fruit will change the color of the pancake to the color of the berry.  And bananas bits in the pancakes will turn black if you have any left over and refrigerate them.

How To
1. Place a large non-stick frying pan on medium high heat to warm.
2. In a large measuring cup, or bowl with spout,  whisk together oil and egg.


3. Whisk in milk, water and vanilla.
4. Shake flour, salt and baking powder across the top of the wet ingredients.  Whisk in.


5. Optional - add fruit.
6. Let batter sit 2 minutes to thicken.
7. Pour approx. 1/4 cup of batter into frying pan.  Create as many pancakes as will fit in your pan.  Flip pancake once large bubbles appear in the batter.  Cook 1 minute more.  Remove from pan.  


8. Serve delicious pancakes, from scratch, and serve with wonderfully pure maple syrup!



                                            Filling my belly with yummy warm pancakes
and local maple syrup always makes me happy. *Big grin*
Come back and see me again soon for more
wonderful Fall recipes.


Happy thoughts,
Andrea

If you would like to receive regular blog updates
be sure to "Like" my Facebook homepage here:


No comments:

Post a Comment